Friday, March 14, 2008

Right!

There is something inherently good in every human. That’s what I tried explaining to myself as I stood in the Visitors lounge standing next to you.

Tried to look everywhere but not at you. If I did I knew I would lose this steeled resolve that I had carried throughout the day.

The terminal was shabby, poorly lit, cob-webbed enough to look like Spiderman’s stronghold, sleepy policemen at that early hour in the morning cursing the mosquitoes a little less than the passengers…

I saw all that. And I felt you.

I smelt all that, And missed your fragrance.

Saw the misery , And compared mine.

Saw the billboards, And regretted all the presents I never gave.

Saw the books, And in them all the stories I never read to you.

Saw the food stall, And rued all the chocolates we never shared.

It was kiddish

But Oh God can I turn it all back.

Maybe it was my mistake.

There is something inherently good in every human. Right!

So, is there something Good in me..

And if I have ever stood and followed what God wanted me to…Then give me this last chance.

But You did not..

And as the voice uttered those dreaded words “This is the last call…..’

Me: You should be on that plane.
You: So should you..

And then you walked, never to come back..

There is something inherently good in every human.Right!

No comments: